Monday, June 29, 2009

Yummy Soup


Our Local Grocery store, Dick's Market has samples everyday of a new recipe. Olivia and I love to go and try what they have new almost everyday. I have made several of the recipe's and love them. This one is by far my favorite. It has a lame name so I will rename it and share the recipe. Olivia LOVES it and will eat a whole bowl full.
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
1 can (14oz) Chicken Broth
1 3/4 cup chopped carrots
2 cups cooked wild rice (I use min. rice)
2 cans (10 oz) reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried sage
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 cup cooked chicken (1/2 of a rotisserie chicken)
2 cups coarsely chopped baby spinach
1/2 cup fat-free half and half or skim milk
Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add carrots; cook 10 min. Add rice, soup, thyme, sage and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in chicken, spinach and milk. Cook stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes or until heated through.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try it!!! I get so bored of the recipes I make week after week after week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you and Olivia don't like going to get the new recipes! Olivia only loves going to get the free cookie that the store gives out to children!

    ReplyDelete