Monday, January 19, 2009

Church not at it's finest

I am not usually annoyed on Sundays. I love sleeping in with Kevin. I love the whole morning we have to get ready for church and spend time together doing nothing. However yesterday was not the best day. It started out OK.

The night before Olivia threw up. It was mostly mucus because she has been congested for a month now, off and on. So I was concerned about her when we went to bed. I wanted her to sleep in our room so I could monitor her breathing. She was weesing and having a hard time breathing. Needless to say I did not have the most sound sleep.

I was exciting because Elder Oaks was speaking to us for our stake conference. I was especially excited because we have decided that when we have a son we want to name him after Elder Oaks. After hearing him speak we KNOW we want to name him after him. He was so funny. I loved it.

However, we sat behind the rudest people. This old man his wife and a pregnant lady. Olivia is 2 for HEAVEN SAKES! She is a normal 2 year old. Sitting perfectly quiet for 2 hours is hard. Any little noise she made, cough, giggle, singing anything they would turn around and give us the nastiest crusties. I was so annoyed. It made me try harder to keep her quiet. We finally got up and left and sat outside. I wanted to say to the pregnant lady, "Don't worry you are just hormonal!" and to the old man, "You must have forgotten how it is to have a 2 year old or you might just have been a jerk then too!" Kevin told me I would be stooping to their level. However I could not help but give the stupid pregnant lady dirty looks back. I SUNK, sunk to her level.... OH WELL!

1 comment:

  1. I would have totally been annoyed too. Last time at stake conference we sat behind some older people. It wasn't as bad your experience, but it wasn't a fun one either. Cool you got to hear from Elder Oaks!!

    ReplyDelete