Monday, February 9, 2009

My Friend....





I just feel the need to share some of my thoughts today about one of my childhood friends. She was diagnosed a while ago with Breast Cancer. She has been fighting it for some time. Just yesterday my mom told me that it has gone into her brain. She only has a few months left here on this earth. I am deeply saddened by this news. My friend Heather is such a kind soul. She will leave behind her husband, a 5 year old little girl and a 3 year old little boy. I feel especially sad since I have had little contact with her over the years. In fact the last time I saw her was at my wedding a little over 3 years ago. I want to write her a note but I have no idea what to say to my friend. How do you say goodbye to someone in a positive way? Especially when you want those last days on earth to be happy. It would be easy for me to ignore it and just attend her funeral but something in me just won't do that. I have a strong knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I know what happens to us when we pass. I understand that it is a happy time however the selfish part of me thinks about those babies and how much they will miss with out her and how much we will miss her. Please keep my friend Heather in your prayers. Pray that she will have peace and be able to strive through this trial with grace.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way Jamie. I'm so sad for her and her family. Heather does not deserve this. She is too sweet. I didn't know you had a blog, so I'm glad you commented on mine. I've added you to my Google Reader account so hopefully I can stay update a little more on your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that just makes me cry. Especially the thought of her leaving her husband and two kids behind. It is one of those fears of mine. I will definatly keep her and her family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete